A Tail of Two Cats
Studying: A Tail of Two Cats
26 September 2005
Gadgets required: a cat or kitten, 5 dying runes, a catspeak amulet Advisable: a Varrock teleport You do not want to have your kitten or cat following your entire time—merely maintain it in your stock all through the hunt, and it’ll soar out to take part in crucial dialogue, after which you possibly can decide it again up once more to keep away from it turning into overgrown. Equip your catspeak amulet, and begin the hunt by speaking to catspeak amulet, and begin the hunt by speaking to Unferth, who could be present in east Burthorpe in the home south of Burthorpe in the home south of Dunstan. After beginning, lecture to Hild within the close by home northeast of Unferth. She’s going to enchant your catspeak amulet if you happen to give her 5 Hild within the close by home northeast of Unferth. She’s going to enchant your catspeak amulet if you happen to give her 5 dying runes. Now you can open it to seek out Bob ‘s placement. It really works barely like a compass – when going through north, click on the left or proper whiskers to manage the interface and level it in the best focus. If you see the cardinal large cat ‘s eyes gentle up, go in that steering to seek out Bob. He could be anyplace in RuneScape. Nonetheless it is suggested to select a standard spot the place Bob is discovered, after which world hop. He’s usually discovered on the Varrock anvils ( south of the Varrock west deposit, not the armor store anvils ). Checklist of areas:
After discovering Bob, lecture to him. He’ll inform you that he ‘s in love with Neite, however she has no concept what his origins are so she ‘s not curiosity in him. Speak to Neite, however she has no concept what his origins are so she ‘s not curiosity in him. Speak to Gertrude ( positioned south of the Cooking Guild, West of Varrock ) about Bob ‘s class. Whereas there, your cat will inform you to analysis a warrior referred to as Robert the Robust. Within the Varrock Palace library, speak to Robert the Robust. Within the Varrock Palace library, speak to Reldo. He’ll inform you that Robert the Robust was a lot tall and stronger than some other man of his time. His longbow was six toes tall, and he fought immortal monsters referred to as the Dragonkin. He fought aboard a black jaguar. fall to Bob ( who might need modified location, use the enchanted Catspeak amulet to find him ). You and your cat will attempt to persuade Bob he’s Robert the Robust. Your computerized tomography will remind you of how the Sphinx is aware of the way you have been hypnotised, so presumably it may well hypnotise Bob .
Advisable: a video games necklace (if skipping cutscene)
converse to the Sphinx in Sophanem. A great way of getting there’s to take an enthralling carpet to Pollnivneach from Shantay Go after which to Sophanem utilizing Pollnivneach ‘s southerly carpet – the Sphinx is southeast of the northern pyramid. Ask her for avail, and after a act, you ‘ll have the choice to view a five-minute cutscene or get a short drumhead of what occurs. In case you select the transient abstract, you will not be provided the choice of being teleported to Burthorpe. In the course of the cutscene, the Sphinx will teleport Bob to Sophanem and hypnotise him. Bob, pondering again on his earliest recollections, remembers himself as Robert the Robust. He sees himself trying over at a tower beside Odysseus, adopted by a battle between them and a Odysseus, adopted by a battle between them and a dragonkin ; the dragonkin manages to slay the cougar and dampen Robert, however is killed by an vastly potent fireplace by him .
Bob the Cat hypnotized by the Sphinx The Dragonkin on high of its citadel.
Learn extra: Winterizing and Insulating Your Hive
Odysseus combating the Dragonkin, earlier than being killed . Robert continues to struggle the Dragonkin after Odysseus dies . Robert lastly kills the Dragonkin After the cutscene, the Sphinx teleports Neite to Bob, who might be impressed and fall in love with him. Bob will inform you to maintain his proprietor busy by doing his chores, and you can be given the choice to teleport again to Burthorpe, or keep in Sophanem .
Bob ‘s listing
Gadgets required: A vial of water, white gown high and backside (e.g. desert clothes), logs, a tinderbox, a bucket of milk, a chocolate cake, shears, a rake, a seed dibber, 4 potato seeds Advisable gadgets: Varrock teleports, a video games necklace Return to Unferth ‘s agency in Burthorpe and do these chores :
- Tidy home: Make Unferth’s mattress. This takes one click on and is the best chore.
- Heat human: Use some logs on the fireside and light-weight it.
- Feed human: Use a bucket of milk and a bucket of milk and a chocolate cake on the desk. Proper click on your cake! Don’t eat it. A slice of cake doesn’t work.
- Tidy human: Use a pair of shears on Unferth to shave his hair. Word: The animation takes a few seconds, don’t click on away till he’s bald.
- Have a tendency backyard: Weed Unferth’s patch within the yard simply north of the home and plant 4 potato seeds. You now want to attend about 25 – 35 minutes for them to develop. If that is the one remaining chore, you can be alerted by your character or your cat/kitten saying all of the chores are completed.
After you ‘ve finished all of this, speak to Unferth once more. He ‘ll inform you that he ‘s very ailment and should see a health care provider or a nurse. spill to the Apothecary in Varrock ( positioned within the southwest of town ). He’ll inform you that Unferth is a hypochondriac – he thinks that he ‘s sick on a regular basis tied although he truly has been examined for diseases and it ‘s all in his head. You could use a placebo on him – decide a sophisticate ‘s hat or harbor ‘s hat from the Apothecary, and put on some whiten robes and a white shirt ( princess robes and swish outfit do n’t work ). Return to Unferth ‘s signal of the zodiac, and provides him a Apothecary in Varrock ( positioned within the southwest of town ). He’ll inform you that Unferth is a hypochondriac – he thinks that he ‘s sick on a regular basis tied although he truly has been examined for diseases and it ‘s all in his head. You could use a placebo on him – decide a sophisticate ‘s hat or harbor ‘s hat from the Apothecary, and put on some whiten robes and a white shirt ( princess robes and swish outfit do n’t work ). Return to Unferth ‘s signal of the zodiac, and provides him a phial of water system. His sickness will clear up. Word: You ca n’t be wielding a weapon/defend ; in any other case, Unferth wo n’t consider you .
Utilizing your catspeak amulet, discover Bob once more and speak to him. He could have moved to a different of the opposite areas talked about above, or night within the lapp placement as forward. You ‘ll see a cutscene exhibiting all of the adventures Bob takes Neite on, together with a charming rug tease in Sophanem, a dialog between Bob and the King Black Dragon ( a participant spoof referred to as King Black Dragon ( a participant spoof referred to as R4ng3rNo0b889 apart from tries to assault the dragon, however the dragon kills him instantly ), and a journey on the Fishing Trawler ship. Warning: If at any time in the course of the cutscene, you attempt to work together with the environment (i.e. making an attempt to select up the bones of the useless ranger), you can be despatched again to Burthorpe and you will have to seek out Bob once more and begin the cutscene over. After the cutscene, speak to Unferth to get a current from Bob .
Bob and Neite in Sophanem Bob speaking to the King Black Dragon
Learn extra: How to Insulate a Beehive for Winter – BeeKeepClub
R4ng3rno0b889 is killed by the King Black Dragon . Bob and Neite glide .
- 2 Quest factors
- 2,500 expertise in 2 expertise of your alternative over 30, or 5000 expertise in a single ability.
- A Physician or nurse’s hat (you possibly can change by destroying your hat and requesting a brand new one from the Apothecary)
- A Mouse toy (features as a enjoyable weapon on the Duel Enviornment)
Required for finishing
- Upon telling Juna a narrative about this quest, you’ll say “…And Bob and Neite have been very glad collectively… no less than for some time,” and Juna will reply with “The lack of a buddy isn’t simple. Nonetheless, you need to all the time keep in mind to be grateful of the time you had collectively.” It is a reference to Bob’s dying on the finish of the Dragon Slayer II quest, and may solely be unlocked after it’s accomplished. This dialogue is exclusive in that Dragon Slayer II is the one quest that Juna has two traces of dialogue for, and that is her solely quote that pertains to 2 quests which can be unbiased of one another.
- The identify of the hunt “A Tail of Two Cats” is a reference to the Charles Dickens novel, “A Story of Two Cities”.
- If you first converse to Bob he says “Love appears not with the eyes however with the thoughts. And due to this fact is winged Cupid painted blind.” It’s spoken by Helena to Lysander in Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer’s Night time Dream.”
- One of many scenes within the second cutscene exhibits a spoof scene of the movie Titanic, Bob is standing on the bow of the ship and says: “I am king of Runescape”.
- You could find a recipe for the chocolate cake if you happen to search the bookcase whereas doing the chores in Unferth’s home.
- In the course of the cutscene with the Sphinx, Bob says “Hey, I am simply this cat, you already know.” That is possible a reference to the character Gag Halfrunt in Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhiker’s Information to the Galaxy. Moreover, in the course of the preliminary dialogue with Unferth, the participant feedback how unusual it’s that Bob normally returns each Thursday earlier than lunchtime; Adams’ lead character, Arthur Dent, “by no means might fairly get the hold of Thursdays,” and the collection begins on a Thursday earlier than lunchtime.
- Upon analyzing the potato crops in Unferth’s home, it says “You say Potato,I say Poh-tar-to”. It is a reference to a 1937 movie “Shall We Dance”