- Laundry room countertop concepts
- 1. Add a butcher block countertop
- 2. Attempt a quartz laundry room countertop
- 3. Tuck the canine mattress below the laundry room counter
- 4. Embody a laundry room ‘island’
- 5. Set up a counter above the washer and dryer
- 6. Run a counter alongside a complete wall
- 7. Use counters to create laundry bin storage
- 8. Create a lux laundry room with marble counter tops
- What can I exploit for laundry counters?
- How do you help a countertop for a laundry room?
Laundry room countertop concepts
We ‘ve rounded up the most effective forms of laundry room counters to make use of, layouts that ‘ll enable you maximize your counter distance and extra, beneath .
1. Add a butcher block countertop
( double credit score : Rebecca Hay ) A butcher hinder countertop will be character of a bigger laundry room makeover if you happen to ‘re including in new cabinetwork, nevertheless it ‘s in addition to a simple standalone mission that gives a significant improve to your area. For the latter, have a sail of butcher block lower to suit excessive of your washer/dryer, like on this area by Rebecca Hay Designs ( opens in new yellow journalism ), then fasten it to the encompassing cabinetwork or mount it to the wall. ‘Counters present a working worktop to fold garments earlier than transporting them, ‘ says division of the inside designer Julie Khuu. ‘ A bang-up stead to carve out area for one is beside the washer/dryer with one other part proper above it you probably have entrance load home equipment. ‘
2. Attempt a quartz laundry room countertop
( picture quotation : Kate Lester Interiors / Lauren Pressey Images ) In case you ‘re on the lookout for a high-quality, sturdy laundry room countertop, it ‘s troublesome to beat quartz. The mastermind stone presents all the great thing about pure stones like marble or granite, nevertheless it ‘s a way more low-maintenance possibility as a result of it ‘s non-porous. That is notably necessary for laundry room counter tops since there ‘s a commodity informal they ‘ll be splattered with detergents and cleaners on a daily footing. Quartz is without doubt one of the most costly laundry room counter concepts, not lone due to the worth of supplies, however as a result of it ‘ll should be lower by a rock storyteller and put in by knowledgeable .
3. Tuck the canine mattress below the laundry room counter
( effigy credit score : Elizabeth Gill Interiors ) In case your laundry room doubles as your pet ‘s room, strive making area for Fido ‘s sleep collectively beneath your laundry room counter. You ‘ll love this laundry room storehouse estimate as a result of the mattress shall be out of the best way, and your pet will adore it as a result of the semi-enclosed quad creates a comfy, denlike really feel.
The design above is by Elizabeth Gill Interiors ( opens in new tab ) .
4. Embody a laundry room ‘island’
( effigy recognition : Obelisk House ) Whether or not your laundry room is large open, just like the one above, or it ‘s a small laundry board theme you ‘re after, inserting a desk or island within the heart of the board is a flexible method so as to add utilitarian come on space. ‘Below the ball-shaped common is a spherical of golf postpone with a stainless-steel high for folding laundry, doing craft tasks with the grandchildren, wrapping items, or simply stacking up laundry, ‘ says Nathan Taylor, whose agency, Obelisk House ( opens in new examine ), designed the room above .
5. Set up a counter above the washer and dryer
( picture credit score : Rebecca Hay Designs ) One of the vital commodious laundry board countertop concepts is to put in it above your washer and dry. This creates a helpful floor for folding garments after they come out of the laundry, and you should use it to stash laundry baskets or lie garments flatcar to dry in the mean time .
6. Run a counter alongside a complete wall
( picture credit score : Stephanie Brown Inc. ) In case your laundry board is retentive and slim, take a clue from graphic designer Stephanie Brown ( opens in uncooked tab ), and set up a narrow-minded countertop alongside the period of the room. Use it to queue up your laundry baskets, push-down listing every kin penis ‘s laundry stack, or if the coat is sturdy satisfactory, a stead to iron garments .
7. Use counters to create laundry bin storage
( visualize credit score : Swan Structure ) In case you ‘ve bought sufficient outer area for a standalone laundry room countertop, take into account leaving the realm beneath it empty, slightly of including a cupboard. The storehouse distance you ‘ll create beneath the counter will change into the perfective put to park a few rolling laundry carts, like on this laundry board by Swan Structure ( opens in recent tab ) .
8. Create a lux laundry room with marble counter tops
( image recognition : The fox Group / Lindsay Salazar Images ) If there ‘s something that would make doing the laundry a bit of extra satisfying, it could be doing it in a lavish area. This room by The Fox Group ( opens in new tablet ) is broad of high-end particulars, together with marble counter tops. The streamlined stone is voiceless to beat from a tactile and aesthetic standpoint, however if you happen to ‘re on the lookout for a lower-maintenance selection, a marble-look quartz glass achieves an analogous depart.
What can I exploit for laundry counters?
There are many supplies fascinating for laundry room counter tops. A number of crown selections embrace :
- Butcher block. Butcher block or wooden counter tops are sturdy, available, and simple to chop and set up. Wooden can warp in heat, excessive humidity areas, so it is necessary to seal butcher block counters. When correctly handled, they provide longevity and sturdiness.
- Strong floor. Strong floor counter tops, like these made type acrylic, are easy and non-porous, which implies they will not soak up warmth or moisture out of your laundry room like a wooden countertop can. Nonetheless, you must keep away from ironing on the counter tops as this will soften the floor.
- Quartz and engineered stone. Quartz counter tops are a premium laundry room countertop selection. The fabric is without doubt one of the most costly countertop choices, and it’ll require customized fabrication to suit your area. Nevertheless, quartz can also be extremely sturdy and can final a lifetime.
How do you help a countertop for a laundry room?
The configuration of your area will decide one of the simplest ways to help a countertop for a laundry board. The best methodology appearing is to put in a countertop over your washer-dryer, and safe it to the encompassing partitions or cabinetwork utilizing L-brackets. In case you ‘re utilizing a butch block countertop, it is a easy job you are able to do your self. In case you ‘re choosing a hard-surface buffet, you ‘ll need to depart this tax to the professionals .