A house sprinkler system will be a good way to maintain your yard wanting lush whereas additionally saving you time and vitality from watering by hand. Normally these methods are automated, however in the event you turned it off for the winter there will probably be a number of further steps you’ll must take to get it again working for the spring. This text will clarify how to try this.
What you’ll want
Restarting a sprinkler system solely requires a number of primary instruments and supplies:
- Flat-head screwdriver
- Sprinkler valve key (for some methods)
- Paper and pencil
- Pliers (for some methods)
Steps to activate sprinkler system after wintering
- Discover system’s foremost shut-off valve. That is normally exterior close to the sprinkler management field. Some methods could have the shut-off valve in a basement or crawlspace. Watch out to not mistake the sprinkler shut-off valve to your house’s foremost water provide shut-off valve.
- Discover the vacuum breaker. You’ll be able to usually discover this close to the home, above floor. Search for both a copper or plastic meeting connecting two pipes. Each pipes may have their very own shut-off valves.
- Shut the vacuum breaker check valves. On every pipe going into the breaker, you’ll see valves with a slot for a flathead screwdriver. Utilizing your screwdriver, flip every valve so till the slot is perpendicular to the stem.
- Open the vacuum breaker’s shut-off valves. Flip each handles in order that they’re parallel to their respective pipes.
- Reinstall foremost valve bleeder cap (as wanted). In case your sprinkler system has a bleeder nipple on the principle valve, place the steel cap on the nipple and tighten till it’s cosy.
- Slowly open the principle valve. It’s essential to activate the water step by step, in any other case you’ll be able to create a water hammer that may injury your system. When you have an outdoor ball valve, flip the deal with till it’s parallel to the pipe. In case your shut-off valve is inside, it’s possible you’ll want a sprinkler valve key to rotate the valve counterclockwise.
- Check the system. Run a guide check of every zone for a couple of minutes. At first, the sprinklers will blow out air, however that ought to subside rapidly as water flows by the system. Examine every sprinkler head and make a remark of any points you see.
- Recheck the vacuum breaker and valves. Return by the system and verify for any leaks or different issues on the vacuum break, all of the shut-off valves, and visual pipes
- Repair any points. Primarily based in your guide check, it’s possible you’ll want to switch broken sprinkler heads or alter spraying patterns. As soon as every part is working effectively, you’ll be able to set the system timer for automated watering.
By taking a couple of minutes to ensure your sprinkler system is prepared for spring, you’ll be able to stay up for months of watering with out lifting a finger.
At Liberty Plumbing, we all know that plumbing and air-con issued can pop up while you least anticipate them. With over 25 years of expertise serving the Murrieta, San Diego, and Winchester areas, you’ll be able to belief us to repair the issue with distinctive service. Name us in the present day at (951) 760-4215.
- Printed at April 16, 2019
- Class: Weblog