- Common price to retile a bathe or lavatory
- Bathe or lavatory tiling price per sq. foot
- Value to retile a bathe
- Value of tiled walk-in bathe
- Value to retile a small bathe
- Value to redo tile bathe partitions
- Bathe flooring tile set up price
- Tile bathe pan alternative
- Value to retile a rest room
- Small lavatory tile alternative price
- Value to retile a rest room flooring
- Value to tile lavatory partitions
- Lavatory and bathe tile set up price calculator
- Labor price to retile a bathe
- Tiling designs and patterns price
- Changing bathe drywall or underlayment price
- Value to take away previous tile in lavatory
- Value to tile a bathe your self (DIY)
- How a lot tile do I want for my bathe?
- Regularly requested questions
- Are bathe wall panels cheaper than tile?
- How lengthy does it take to tile a bathe or lavatory?
- Are you able to tile over tile in a bathe or lavatory?
- Are you able to tile over drywall in a bathe or lavatory?
- Are you able to resurface lavatory flooring tiles?
- What’s the greatest tile for lavatory flooring?
- What’s the greatest tile for bathe flooring?
- What’s the greatest tile for bathe partitions?
- How a lot does it price to exchange pool tile?
- Discovering a bathe and loo tile installer
- Inquiries to ask tile installers
Common price to retile a bathe or lavatory
Lavatory tile facility prices $7 to $25 per sq. foot for a bathe, flooring, and partitions. Lavatory tile costs are $1 to $25 per sq. foot, plus british labour occasion prices $4 to $12 per sq. foot to put in. The price to retile a bathe is $800 to $3,000. Retiling a rest room flooring prices $800 to $3,800 .
financial worth to retile a rest room – bathe, deck, and partitions – chart
|Retile walk-in bathe||$800 – $3,000|
|Retile bathe flooring||$500 – $1,000|
|Retile bathe partitions||$800 – $2,600|
|Add a bench, shelf, or recessed area of interest||$200 – $500|
|Set up tile bathe pan||$800 – $3,000|
|Retile lavatory flooring||$800 – $3,800|
|Retile lavatory partitions||$800 – $1,700|
Bathe or lavatory tiling price per sq. foot
Lavatory tile prices $7 to $25 per sq. foot put in on common, relying on the fabric, measurement, floor homework, and labor. Excessive-end tile or constructing advanced designs price as much as $50 per sq. foot put in.
Common exhibitor and bathroom tile price per sq. foot – chart
|Kind||Tile materials price per sq. foot||Complete Value per sq. foot put in|
|Ceramic tile||$1 – $8||$5 – $30|
|Porcelain tile||$2 – $10||$7 – $32|
|Glass tile||$5 – $25||$10 – $46|
|Subway tile||$2 – $12||$7 – $35|
|Mosaic tile||$3 – $23||$9 – $52|
|Pure stone tile||$3 – $15||$9 – $44|
|Marble tile||$5 – $25||$11 – $54|
|Granite tile||$5 – $14||$11 – $42|
|Limestone tile||$7 – $22||$13 – $51|
|Slate tile||$2 – $7||$9 – $38|
|Travertine tile||$3 – $9||$12 – $52|
* Most tile setters cost a $500 to $750 minimal .
Evaluate quotes from tile installers close to you .
Value to retile a bathe
The worth to retile a bathe is $7 to $25 per sq. foot or $800 to $3,000 on common. Bathe tile facility prices depend upon the bathe measurement, tile materials, tile measurement and situation, design, and site visitors sample. further options like benches, shampoo niches, or cabinets price $200 to $500 extra .
price to retile a bathe by measurement – chart
|Nationwide common price||$1,850|
Value knowledge is predicated on 412 venture prices reported by HomeGuide members.
Including a bench, shelf, or recessed area of interest for cleaning soap or shampoo prices $200 to $500 extra.
Value of tiled walk-in bathe
A tiled walk-in bathe prices $800 to $3,000 to retile on common, relying on the dimensions, format, supplies, and blueprint. giant walk-in showers with high-end tile or elaborate patterns worth as much as $10,000 to retile. A brand new tiled walk-in bathe prices $2,000 to $5,000 for the tile, base, enclosure, and fixtures .
|Dimension (ft)||Common price|
|3′ x 3′||$800 – $1,650|
|3′ x 4′||$900 – $2,200|
|3′ x 5′||$1,000 – $3,000|
Tiled walk-in bathe with lavatory partitions and flooring tiling pit
Value to retile a small bathe
Retiling a small bathe prices $800 to $1,650, together with the tile and set up. Prices depend upon the tile measurement and character, design complexity, and whether or not or not the bathe consists of any emphasis tiles or supernumerary options like shampoo niches or cabinets .
Retiling a modest bathe and wood-look tile flooring
Value to redo tile bathe partitions
Retiling bathe partitions prices $8 to $30 per sq. foot, together with eradicating the previous tile and putting in new tile. The full worth to redo bathe partitions alone is $800 to $2,600 on median .
White bathroom with hexagon ceramic tile put in on bathe partitions
Bathe flooring tile set up price
Tiling a bathe flooring prices $5 to $25 per sq. foot or $500 to $1,000 on common, relying on the kind of tile, al-qaeda measurement, and bathe format. Most tile installers cost minimal charges of $500 to $750 when retiling a lavish .
|Issue||Ceramic or porcelain tile price per sq. foot||Pure stone or marble tile price per sq. foot|
|Tile supplies||$1 – $10||$3 – $15|
|Set up labor||$4 – $8||$6 – $15|
|Previous tile removing and floor prep||$3 – $14||$3 – $14|
|Complete price||$8 – $32||$12 – $44|
* Costs per sq. foot are sometimes on the increased finish of the picture for small tasks .
Tile bathe pan alternative
Putting in a tile bathe pan prices $800 to $3,000, together with the custom-made pan, tile, and set up. The bathe pan is a strong base below the tile to catch water system that seeps by the tile and funnel it to the drain, stopping leaks .
Return to High
Value to retile a rest room
The common price to retile a rest room is $2,400 to $8,500 for the deck, bathe, and partitions collectively. Lavatory tile facility prices $7 to $25 per sq. foot on common for labor motion and supplies, relying on the tile sort, measurement, and design complexity .
|Retile lavatory flooring||$800 – $3,800|
|Retile lavatory partitions||$800 – $1,700|
|Retile bathe||$800 – $3,000|
Darkish tile lavatory flooring, bathe, and tub surroundings
Discover top-rated bathe installers in your space .
Small lavatory tile alternative price
Retiling a small lavatory prices $2,400 to $4,150 for the ground, partitions, and bathe, or $7 to $25 per sq. foot put in. Tiling a minor lavatory flooring prices $800 to $1,500 on common, whereas retiling a small lavish prices $800 to $1,650, together with the tile and set up .
Value to retile a rest room flooring
The price to retile a rest room flooring is $7 to $25 per sq. foot or $800 to $3,800 on common. Lavatory retiling prices depend upon the tile materials and measurement, lavatory measurement, and web site circumstances. Retiling a regular 5’x8′ bathroom flooring prices $1,000 to $2,000 on common .
price to retile a rest room deck – chart
|Lavatory measurement||Common price|
|Small lavatory (5’x8′)||$500 – $1,000|
|Mid-sized lavatory (8’x10′)||$1,000 – $2,000|
|Giant / grasp lavatory (10’x15′)||$1,200 – $3,800|
* Most tile setters cost a $500 to $750 minimal. Costs per sq. infantry are sometimes on the increased finish of the roll for little tasks .
Lavatory with giant gray flooring tiles and walk-in tiled bathe
Select tiles with a textured floor to stop a slipping hazard on moist lavatory flooring.
Value to tile lavatory partitions
Tiling bathroom partitions prices $7 to $25 per sq. foot or $800 to $1,700 on common with facility. Prices depend upon the tile cloth and measurement and the bathroom measurement and format. Tiling a rest room prices greater than tiling early rooms as a result of installers should minimize tiles to suit round lavatory fixtures .
Return to High
Lavatory and bathe tile set up price calculator
Lavatory and bathe tile set up prices depend upon the newly tile materials, eradicating any previous tile, division of labor, and are available on homework required.
|Issue||Common price per sq. foot|
|Tile supplies||$1 – $10|
|Set up labor||$4 – $12|
|Tile designs and patterns||$1 – $5|
|Setting supplies (thinset mortar & grout)||$0.50 – $1.60|
|Waterproof membrane||$0.50 – $2.00|
|Backer boards / underlayment||$0.50 – $1.00|
|Previous tile removing||$1.50 – $5.00|
|Bathe pan*||$20 – $75|
|Flooring leveling*||$1 – $4|
* not required for each tile set up .
Labor price to retile a bathe
The tug price to retile a bathe is $4 to $12 per sq. foot on common, relying on the tile and format. The division of labor worth to put in a ceramic tile exhibitor in a real sample is $4 to $8 per sq. foot. Labor for advanced designs or pure rock tiles prices $6 to $20 per sq. foot .
Labor price to retile a bathe – chart
|Tile materials or type||Labor price per sq. foot|
|Ceramic tile||$4 – $8|
|Porcelain tile||$4.50 – $8.50|
|Pure stone or marble tile||$6 – $15|
|Advanced sample or design||$6 – $20|
Skilled tile installers can be found to assist .
Tiling designs and patterns price
Herringbone or diagonal tile patterns price an additional $1 to $5 per sq. foot or 10% to 30% extra to put in than heterosexual tile as a result of added labor to chop and format the tiles. Patterned designs apart from require 10% to twenty% extra tiles to cowl waste attributable to diagonal cuts .
Changing bathe drywall or underlayment price
Changing bathe wallboard, carpet pad, angel boards, or waterproofing membrane prices $2 to $9 per sq. foot put in or $0.50 to $1 per sq. foot for the supplies alone. carpet pad smooths out uneven spots on the floor, prevents tiles from cracking, and supplies a rainproof barrier .
Value to take away previous tile in lavatory
Eradicating tile in a rest room prices $1.50 to $5 per sq. foot, relying on location. Eradicating previous tile from a flooring is priced on the upper finish of the range as a result of it requires extra labor than eradicating tile from the partitions .
Return to High
Value to tile a bathe your self (DIY)
The price to tile a bathe your self is $3 to $15 per sq. foot, together with tile, mortar, grout, fundamental instruments, and floor homework supplies. DIY bathe retiling is a difficult venture that requires restricted tools, labor to take away the earlier tile, and ability in chopping, setting, and grouting the brand new tile .
How a lot tile do I want for my bathe?
Comply with these steps to calculate what number of tiles you want for a bathe :
- Measure the width and top of every wall in inches.
- Multiply the width by the peak for every wall.
- Add the totals for every wall.
- Divide the consequence by 144 to search out the overall sq. ft.
- Subtract any home windows from the overall.
- Add 10% to 25% for overages to make sure there may be sufficient tile in case of breakage. For diagonal or herringbone designs, add 20% to 35% as an alternative as a result of diagonal cuts end in extra tile loss.
When ordering tile, embrace all different required items like bullnose tile, trim, or accents to extend the chance of receiving tiles with constant shade.
Return to High
Regularly requested questions
Are bathe wall panels cheaper than tile?
Some bathe wall panels are cheaper than tile, relying on the fabric. Acrylic and fiberglass bathe panels price $300 to $800 however look plasticky. Composite, Corian, and strong floor panels price ampere a lot as as ceramic or porcelain tile after factoring in facility prices .
Bathe panels take much less time to put in than tile, are waterproof, and are simpler to maintain clear as a result of they do not have true grout strains.
How lengthy does it take to tile a bathe or lavatory?
Tiling a bathe or lavatory takes 2 to five days, relying on the dimensions, tile sort, and invention complexity. Demolishing and eradicating honest-to-god tile, prepping the floor, and putting in angel boards and a rainproof membrane provides 1 day .
Are you able to tile over tile in a bathe or lavatory?
You may tile over tile in a bathe or lavatory if the present tiles and grout are in helpful situation, evenly positioned, and freed from cracks. Most professionals advocate eradicating and changing the tile alternatively as a result of previous tiles don’t present a great floor for newfangled tiles to stick to .
Are you able to tile over drywall in a bathe or lavatory?
You shouldn’t tile over wallboard in showers, bogs, or early areas uncovered to moisture as a result of water can seep behind the tile and induce mould, leaks, or different unsuitable. Set up tile on concrete or Hardie backer circuit board with a water-proof membrane or vapor barrier alternatively .
Are you able to resurface lavatory flooring tiles?
Lavatory deck tiles could be resurfaced. Tile refinishing prices $5 to $10 per sq. foot and could also be used on most toilet tile surfaces, together with flooring, bathe partitions, and tubs. Resurfacing covers the erstwhile tile in a sprig coat, hiding chips and stains and making the tile search new .
What’s the greatest tile for lavatory flooring?
One of the best tile for bathroom flooring is porcelain, ceramic, or vinyl. Porcelain and ceramic tiles are sturdy, simple to wash and keep, and are available in all kinds of colours and types. Vinyl tiles are the least costly and are simple to chop however not angstrom sturdy as porcelain or ceramic .
Select tiles with a DCOF ranking of 0.42 or increased for added slip resistance. The DCOF ranking determines the quantity of friction on moist flooring when walked upon.
What’s the greatest tile for bathe flooring?
One of the best tile for bathe flooring is porcelain or ceramic tile nobelium bigger than 4″x4″ with a flatness or textured glaze for lend grip. Smaller tiles conform higher to the slope and form of the exhibitor flooring, and the additional grout strains present extra dislocate resistance .
What’s the greatest tile for bathe partitions?
One of the best tile for bathe partitions is glaze porcelain, ceramic, or pure stone :
- Glazed porcelain tile is sturdy, simple to wash, cost-effective, and has the bottom moisture permeability of any tile. Porcelain tiles even have through-body shade, making chips much less noticeable.
- Glazed ceramic tile is sturdy, the least costly, and cuts simply, requiring much less labor for set up.
- Pure stone tile is tough and sturdy however might require extra upkeep and cleansing as a result of it’s extra porous.
When selecting tile for a bathe, affirm the tile is accredited for flooring or bathe use. Not all wall tile can be utilized in a bathe.
How a lot does it price to exchange pool tile?
Changing the waterline tiles in an in-ground pool prices $8 to $30 per sq. foot or $2,500 to $5,000 on common, relying on the pool ‘s measurement and the tile sort. Sustaining the decline water alkalinity and brush tiles weekly with a delicate brush prevents scale build-up that damages tile .
nonetheless have questions ? Ask a tile professional .
View Professionals Return to High
Discovering a bathe and loo tile installer
Earlier than hiring a tile compositor to put in lavatory or bathe tile :
- Get at the very least three estimates to check.
- Search for licensed tile installers who’re members of the Nationwide Tile Contractors Affiliation.
- Choose a tile setter who’s a CTEF Licensed Tile Installer (CTI).
- Get references and take a look at a portfolio of their earlier work.
- Browse their evaluations on HomeGuide, Google, and the Higher Enterprise Bureau (BBB).
- Choose firms which are insured, bonded, and have been in enterprise for greater than 5 years.
- Keep away from choosing the bottom quote as high quality might undergo.
- Get an in depth estimate, contract, and guarantee in writing earlier than the work begins.
- By no means pay in full earlier than the venture begins. Comply with a fee plan as an alternative for work accomplished.
Inquiries to ask tile installers
- What sort of tile do you advocate for my lavatory and why?
- Have you ever labored on tasks like this earlier than?
- Are you able to present references and a portfolio displaying your work?
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Are you a member of the Nationwide Tile Contractors Affiliation or every other skilled organizations?
- Are you a CTEF Licensed Tile Installer?
- Do you adhere to TCNA and ANSI requirements?
- What steps will you are taking to waterproof the tiled space?
- Will you flood take a look at the bathe earlier than putting in the tile?
- What’s included within the closing worth?
- Does the estimate embrace the tile? How a lot tile is required?
- What different prices ought to I anticipate?
- How lengthy will the set up take?
- How many individuals shall be engaged on the venture?
- How quickly will I have the ability to use the toilet or bathe after the set up?
- Is a guaranty included? If sure, how lengthy is it and what does it cowl?
Get spare estimates on HomeGuide from trusted lavatory tile installers :
Get free estimates
+ 18 Sources
- Pray, Richard. “2020 Nationwide Building Estimator.” PDF file. (2020).
- Russell, Jonathan. “2020 Nationwide Renovation & Insurance coverage Restore Estimator.” PDF file. (2020).
- Praxton, Albert S. “2020 Nationwide Restore & Transforming Estimator” (PDF). (2020).
How A lot Does It Value to Intall Tile? (2021).
Truthful Value Information – Bathe Retile. (2021).
Value to Set up Bathtub Tile. (2021).
Retiling a Lavatory Value. (n.d.).
What Does A Los Angeles Lavatory Transform Value? (2021).
Common Value to Set up Tile Flooring. (2019).
How A lot Does A Bathe Transform Value? (2020).
How A lot Does A Lavatory Transform Or New Tile Bathe Value. (2020).
Porcelain Tile Set up and Value. (2019).
Tile Set up Value. (2020).
Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Value and Set up Worth. (2020).
Easy methods to Transform a Bathe on a Finances? (2021).
Common Value of a Tile Bathe. (2018).
House Depot – Tile. (2021).
Lowe’s – Tile & Tile Equipment. (2021).